- a person who keeps watch over something or someone
- the person who plays that position on a football team;
- "the left guard was injured on the play"
- a device designed to prevent injury or accidents
- a posture of defence in boxing or fencing;
- "keep your guard up"
- the person who plays the position of guard on a basketball team
- a military unit serving to protect some place or person
- a precautionary measure warding off impending danger or damage or injury etc.;
- "an insurance policy is a good safeguard"
- "we let our guard down"
- the duty of serving as a sentry;
- "he was on guard that night"
- (American football) a position on the line of scrimmage;
- "guards must be good blockers"
- a position on a basketball team
- to keep watch over;
- "there would be men guarding the horses"
- watch over or shield from danger or harm; protect;
- "guard my possessions while I'm away"
- protect against a challenge or attack;
- take precautions in order to avoid some unwanted consequence;
- "guard against becoming too friendly with the staff"
- "guard against infection"
- GUARD v -ED, -ING, -S to protect
Scrabble Score: 7guard is a valid Scrabble (US) TWL word
guard is a valid Scrabble Word in Merriam-Webster MW Dictionary
guard is a valid Scrabble Word in International Collins CSW Dictionary
Words With Friends Score: 9guard is a valid Words With Friends word