- a unit of length equal to 1,760 yards or 5,280 feet; exactly 1609.344 meters
- a unit of length used in navigation; exactly 1,852 meters; historically based on the distance spanned by one minute of arc in latitude
- a large distance;
- "he missed by a mile"
- a former British unit of length once used in navigation; equivalent to 6,000 feet (1828.8 meters)
- a former British unit of length equivalent to 6,080 feet (1,853.184 meters); 800 feet longer than a statute mile
- an ancient Roman unit of length equivalent to 1620 yards
- a Swedish unit of length equivalent to 10 km
- a footrace extending one mile;
- "he holds the record in the mile"
- MILE n pl. -S a unit of distance
Scrabble Score: 6mile is a valid Scrabble (US) TWL word
mile is a valid Scrabble Word in Merriam-Webster MW Dictionary
mile is a valid Scrabble Word in International Collins CSW Dictionary
Words With Friends Score: 8mile is a valid Words With Friends word