- a soft wet area of low-lying land that sinks underfoot
- deep soft mud in water or slush;
- a difficulty or embarrassment that is hard to extricate yourself from;
- "the country is still trying to climb out of the mire left by its previous president"
- "caught in the mire of poverty"
- "Our people should not be mired in the past"
- cause to get stuck as if in a mire;
- "The mud mired our cart"
- be unable to move further;
- soil with mud, muck, or mire;
- MIRE v MIRED, MIRING, MIRES to cause to stick in swampy ground
Scrabble Score: 6mire is a valid Scrabble (US) TWL word
mire is a valid Scrabble Word in Merriam-Webster MW Dictionary
mire is a valid Scrabble Word in International Collins CSW Dictionary
Words With Friends Score: 7mire is a valid Words With Friends word