- something (often something deceptively attractive) that catches you unawares;
- "it was all a snare and delusion"
- a small drum with two heads and a snare stretched across the lower head
- a surgical instrument consisting of wire hoop that can be drawn tight around the base of polyps or small tumors to sever them; used especially in body cavities
- strings stretched across the lower head of a snare drum; they make a rattling sound when the drum is hit
- a trap for birds or small mammals; often has a slip noose
- catch in or as if in a trap;
- entice and trap;
- "The car salesman had snared three potential customers"
- SNARE v SNARED, SNARING, SNARES to trap
Scrabble Score: 5snare is a valid Scrabble (US) TWL word
snare is a valid Scrabble Word in Merriam-Webster MW Dictionary
snare is a valid Scrabble Word in International Collins CSW Dictionary
Words With Friends Score: 6snare is a valid Words With Friends word