- the person who plays that position on a football team;
- "the right tackle is a straight A student"
- gear consisting of ropes etc. supporting a ship's masts and sails
- gear used in fishing
- (American football) a position on the line of scrimmage;
- "it takes a big man to play tackle"
- (American football) grasping an opposing player with the intention of stopping by throwing to the ground
- accept as a challenge;
- "I'll tackle this difficult task"
- put a harness;
- seize and throw down an opponent player, who usually carries the ball
- TACKLE v -LED, -LING, -LES to seize and throw to the ground
Scrabble Score: 12tackle is a valid Scrabble (US) TWL word
tackle is a valid Scrabble Word in Merriam-Webster MW Dictionary
tackle is a valid Scrabble Word in International Collins CSW Dictionary
Words With Friends Score: 14tackle is a valid Words With Friends word