- neckwear consisting of a long narrow piece of material worn (mostly by men) under a collar and tied in knot at the front;
- "he stood in front of the mirror tightening his necktie"
- "he wore a vest and tie"
- a social or business relationship;
- "he was sorry he had to sever his ties with other members of the team"
- equality of score in a contest
- a horizontal beam used to prevent two other structural members from spreading apart or separating;
- "he nailed the rafters together with a tie beam"
- a fastener that serves to join or connect;
- the finish of a contest in which the score is tied and the winner is undecided;
- "their record was 3 wins, 6 losses and a tie"
- (music) a slur over two notes of the same pitch; indicates that the note is to be sustained for their combined time value
- one of the cross braces that support the rails on a railway track;
- "the British call a railroad tie a sleeper"
- a cord (or string or ribbon or wire etc.) with which something is tied;
- "he needed a tie for the packages"
- fasten or secure with a rope, string, or cord;
- "They tied their victim to the chair"
- finish a game with an equal number of points, goals, etc.;
- "The teams drew a tie"
- limit or restrict to;
- "I am tied to UNIX"
- "These big jets are tied to large airports"
- connect, fasten, or put together two or more pieces;
- form a knot or bow in;
- "tie a necktie"
- create social or emotional ties;
- perform a marriage ceremony;
- make by tying pieces together;
- "The fishermen tied their flies"
- unite musical notes by a tie
- TIE v TIED, TYING or TIEING, TIES to fasten with a cord or rope
Scrabble Score: 3tie is a valid Scrabble (US) TWL word
tie is a valid Scrabble Word in Merriam-Webster MW Dictionary
tie is a valid Scrabble Word in International Collins CSW Dictionary
Words With Friends Score: 3tie is a valid Words With Friends word