- an instance or single occasion for some event;
- "this time he succeeded"
- "he called four times"
- a period of time considered as a resource under your control and sufficient to accomplish something;
- "take time to smell the roses"
- "I didn't have time to finish"
- "it took more than half my time"
- an indefinite period (usually marked by specific attributes or activities);
- "he waited a long time"
- "the time of year for planting"
- "he was a great actor in his time"
- a suitable moment;
- "it is time to go"
- the continuum of experience in which events pass from the future through the present to the past
- a person's experience on a particular occasion;
- "he had a time holding back the tears"
- "they had a good time together"
- a reading of a point in time as given by a clock;
- "do you know what time it is?"
- "the time is 10 o'clock"
- the fourth coordinate that is required (along with three spatial dimensions) to specify a physical event
- rhythm as given by division into parts of equal duration
- the period of time a prisoner is imprisoned;
- "he is doing time in the county jail"
- measure the time or duration of an event or action or the person who performs an action in a certain period of time;
- assign a time for an activity or event;
- "The candidate carefully timed his appearance at the disaster scene"
- set the speed, duration, or execution of;
- "we time the process to manufacture our cars very precisely"
- regulate or set the time of;
- "time the clock"
- adjust so that a force is applied and an action occurs at the desired time;
- "The good player times his swing so as to hit the ball squarely"
- TIME v TIMED, TIMING, TIMES to determine the speed or duration of
Scrabble Score: 6time is a valid Scrabble (US) TWL word
time is a valid Scrabble Word in Merriam-Webster MW Dictionary
time is a valid Scrabble Word in International Collins CSW Dictionary
Words With Friends Score: 7time is a valid Words With Friends word