- the humanistic study of a body of literature;
- "he took a course in Russian lit"
- make lighter or brighter;
- begin to smoke;
- "After the meal, some of the diners lit up"
- to come to rest, settle;
- cause to start burning; subject to fire or great heat;
- fall to somebody by assignment or lot;
- alight from (a horse)
- provided with artificial light;
- "a brightly lit room"
- set afire or burning;
- "a lit firecracker"
- LIT n pl. -S the litas
Scrabble Score: 3lit is a valid Scrabble (US) TWL word
lit is a valid Scrabble Word in Merriam-Webster MW Dictionary
lit is a valid Scrabble Word in International Collins CSW Dictionary
Words With Friends Score: 4lit is a valid Words With Friends word