- a unit of language that native speakers can identify;
- "words are the blocks from which sentences are made"
- "he hardly said ten words all morning"
- a brief statement;
- "he didn't say a word about it"
- information about recent and important events;
- a verbal command for action;
- "when I give the word, charge!"
- an exchange of views on some topic;
- "we had a word or two about it"
- a promise;
- "he gave his word"
- a word is a string of bits stored in computer memory;
- "large computers use words up to 64 bits long"
- the divine word of God; the second person in the Trinity (incarnate in Jesus)
- a secret word or phrase known only to a restricted group;
- "he forgot the password"
- the sacred writings of the Christian religions;
- put into words or an expression;
- WORD v -ED, -ING, -S to express in words (speech sounds that communicate meaning)
Scrabble Score: 8word is a valid Scrabble (US) TWL word
word is a valid Scrabble Word in Merriam-Webster MW Dictionary
word is a valid Scrabble Word in International Collins CSW Dictionary
Words With Friends Score: 8word is a valid Words With Friends word