- a Swiss patriot who lived in the early 14th century and who was renowned for his skill as an archer; according to legend an Austrian governor compelled him to shoot an apple from his son's head with his crossbow (which he did successfully without mishap)
- express in words;
- "tell me what is bothering you"
- let something be known;
- narrate or give a detailed account of;
- give instructions to or direct somebody to do something with authority;
- discern or comprehend;
- "He could tell that she was unhappy"
- inform positively and with certainty and confidence;
- "I tell you that man is a crook!"
- give evidence;
- "he was telling on all his former colleague"
- mark as different;
- TELL v TOLD, TELLING, TELLS to give a detailed account of TELLABLE adj
Scrabble Score: 4tell is a valid Scrabble (US) TWL word
tell is a valid Scrabble Word in Merriam-Webster MW Dictionary
tell is a valid Scrabble Word in International Collins CSW Dictionary
Words With Friends Score: 6tell is a valid Words With Friends word